Sunday, November 22, 2009

Homework and 9/11

So all this week I have been stuck at home cause well I am sick.  For one of my classes my professor assigned a 4-5 page paper about one of the 9/11 conspirators/terrorists. Bluck I said.  Now as I sit here and read about this man I have to write about it brings the whole thing back.  The shock, the fear, the ache in my heart for all those lives of innocent people that were lost.  I remember exactly what  I was doing when it happened.  My father who always wakes up early was up watching  a program he had recorded the night before.  As is was over and he was getting ready to turn the t.v. off the news broadcasts started.  I had just awoken with my son who was only a few months old. As I was stumbling into the family room my father says whoa you need to see this.  I sat on the couch and watched in awe as it unfolded.  This was early morning for us as we live in California.  All we could do all day was wonder why and praise GOD that we did not lose any loved ones in the attacks.  I hung tightly to my son all day that day and wondered what kind of world had I brought him into. 

Now a little over 8 years later, I have to write a paper about one of these idiots, (and yes I can think of many more unpleasant things to call them) and I am dreading it.  As I stare at his picture all I feel is hate.  This is wrong of me as a christian but how can I feel forgivness after what they have done?

You may not believe in this war we are currently fighting but I have to say that those soldiers and their families need your support.  They need to know that this country is behind them and that they are not fighting in vain just to come home and be hated. So as this holiday season is fast approaching remember those soldiers, their families, and the families of those that were lost in your prayers.  Actually say a special prayer for them and never forget what you were doing that horrible day.

1 comment:

  1. How is that you make me cry everytime you write a post? (Just kidding.) I'm proud of the progress I see in your life and know that GOD has great things planned for you.

    ReplyDelete