Monday, November 9, 2009

Go Ferndale Wildcats!!


My nephew Levi is a junior in high school and plays varsity football.  I as well as my sister Cindi (his mother) are so very proud of him.  Not only because his team is 9-0 this season with only one game left in the regular season, but for me it is because of personal reasons.  As his aunt I hate to say this but I had problems thinking this nephew of mine would be a good boy once he got older.  As a child he was not a very respectful child.  However this wonderful nephew of mine has definitly proved me wrong.  While he is still a typical teenager he has learned how to be a respectful, well-behaving young man.  One that I am so proud to say is my nephew.  He is none of these things because of me or my doing at all.  Everywhere I go once people find out he is my nephew they tell me either what a polite and respectful young man he is or what a tough football player he is.  (He is the smallest guy on the team and not afraid to go up against the biggest and the baddest while on the field.)  I am proud of my nephew for many reasons. 
So back to the Ferndale Wildcats.  This is the team my nephew Levi plays for and this year I have had the pleasure of being able to watch every one of his games but one.  Some may say these boys are lucky to have won so many games without a loss.  (They did not lose a game last year either.)  However anybody who has ever seen the Wildcats play football knows these boys have talent and an awesome coach who takes no gruff from any of them.  These boys work hard to be the winners they are and I am proud of all of them.

I have to mention that I am proud of all my neices and nephews and all for various reasons.  They all are different and they all are special to me.  One is not more special than an other.  I love them all and am proud to say that each and every one of them are mine.  I love you Molly, Callie, Tory, Levi, Emily, Tanner, and the newest one of all Natalia.


I do not know what I would do if anything were to ever happen to any of them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry! I love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very nice write up and what a nice thing to say - I think you might have a heart of gold after all :)
    love ya-

    ReplyDelete